This post is for those who are having problems with their Outlook client syncing mail, or the database rebuild did not result in a fix to your problem or if you just want to test out someone else’s exchange account for a while. I will show you how to build a new Identity in Oultlook. On a Windows machine this would be call a new Profile.
Here is the Microsoft article on the subject (look for step 5): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2360509
- Kill all Microsoft Office applications processes (i.e. close them all, including Word, etc).
- Press the Option (Alt) key while clicking on Outlook to open it.
- It will go into the Microsoft Database Utility mode where you can rebuild the Identity (Database).
- Click the plus [+] sign on the bottum left.
- Name your new identity.
- Then select your new identity and click on the configuration icon
- Choose Set as Default
- Close this window and open up Outlook.
- Here you will need to know how to configure your exchange email account.
- Then you should be in business again. Please note that it could take more than a day for all your mail to sync if you have a large mailbox (multiple gigs)