I am in love with this new Samsung LED TV. Not only does the performance make me drool but that it is eco-friendly. The claim is that the LED TV uses 40% lower power consumption and an ultra low power consuming standby mode. In addition no mercury, lead, or volatile organic compounds are used in the construction which means it is clean and safe to recycle.
Though, one of the coolest things about it is that you can connect it to your network with Medi@2.0. This allows the user to do a lot of interactive things without having to connect a computer to it.
Internet@TV – Content Service: Receive content from Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets.
DLNA®: Sync your connectable home electronics and display remote content on your TV.
Pre-loaded Content Library™ (Flash): Enjoy hours of built-in entertainment features then personalize it by adding content that’s available online.
USB 2.0 Movie: Show digital home movies, photos, PC presentations and more on your TV, using the remote.
Here are some of the stats
All of it is 1080P (1920×1080) including the PC input.
40″ Model (UN40B7000)
TV without stand: 39.2” x 24.8” x 1.2”
TV without stand weight: 32.6 lbs.
46″ Model (UN46B7000)
TV without stand: 44.4” x 27.8” x 1.2”
TV without stand weight: 39.0 lbs.
55″ Model (UN55B7000)
TV without stand: 51.7” x 32.1” x 1.2”
TV without stand weight: 48.9 lbs.
- 4 HDMI ports v 1.3
- Anynet™ Plus (HDMI-CEC): allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- 2 USB 2.0 Movie
- 1 PC Input
- 1 Ethernet
- 1 Optical Sound output
- 1 Component Video inputs
- Built-in digital tuner
- 3,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Response time: 4ms response time (this is good)
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz™: Reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences.
- HD-Grade pixel resolution: High resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Medi@2.0 (see above)
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) (from any source to any source)
- Game Mode: with one touch of a button it enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games.
Rock Band anyone?
Oh and if you want to buy one for me, I hear frys.com is having an amazing sale on them. 🙂